Any old promotor drivers around

Funnily enough when we went into Poland to deliver food relief when marshal law had been declared in the Solidarity times the local newspaper asked if they could take a photo of me by my lorry for an article they were writing about me. They asked me to go on my (very rare) day off to stand by the lorry in Dunton Green but I naturally wasn’t terribly interested. I suggested they might like to go with me to Dunton Green on Sunday afternoon when I was leaving for my next trip and was advised that they didn’t work Sundays! Impasse. They settled for a photo of our hero standing with an open map instead.

[Inserted later] We did a photo shoot for the TV with a convoy of several of us motoring around in a big circle in the Dunton Green depot when the food relief project was going on. Were you in that Sandway?

I never heard that story about Iran before Sandway. Most interesting! I wonder how many paid up?

I showed your Tehran Embassy photos to friend of mine but he said the building he visited was a modern concrete jobbie and nothing like what he saw in your pictures. Maybe our military people that protected the embassy lived in a different building?