Subbing for maritime

Good day ladies and gentlemen, just asking if subbing for maritime is viable, is their “guaranteed minimum” the least you will earn, or pretty much the best you can expect. Any info on the fuel subsidy, roughly what’s it worth, I know fuel prices change just looking for a ball park figure

Please listen to everybody’s advise on here, when it comes, DO NOT DO IT! yes you will be busy most of the time until thursday when you get near their agreed minimum and by fri evening hey ho you’ve achieved it.

as above.
do not dream of it.
all you will be is a busy poor man…read the other 500 topics on maritime and cop yourself on.
you will always just get enough scraps to keep you hanging on and keep you running enough that you cant look elsewhere.
all they will do is instead of keeping you steady,you will get plenty,then nothing so that you scrape by as they wont have the brains or interest to work you otherwise.
theres a reason as to why they advertise 24/7 .that reason alone should tell you to stay well clear.

The last time i was hauling boxes, the rates were different to what i was originally quoted , different rates for empty running , they called it triangulation , for example pick one up from Southampton for delivery in Yorkshire , drop off empty in Manchester , pick up an empty or loaded box from there or some other depot , then two days later arrive back in Southampton or the Isle of Grain , i did not make much money , this was for Secure Omega Logistics ltd .

if the boxes are not leaving china, you will all be parked up anyway,

hotel magnum:
if the boxes are not leaving china, you will all be parked up anyway,

I know it’s only a side show in the container world, but Grangemouth docks seem really really quiet recently. There’s a whole herd of straddle carriers lying parked up there.

A fool proof piece of advice; Obtain a full sub contractors rate tariff from them.

I met with their subbies “director” in 2009. He couldn’t give me one :unamused: , just waffled on about fuel surcharges. Personally I wouldn’t bother.

For the last 2 weeks the ships have left China empty. Four or five weeks time and there will be a lot of people twiddling thumbs.

I know a lad with 2 on and he seems very happy, hard to believe but he is

Wildy:
For the last 2 weeks the ships have left China empty. Four or five weeks time and there will be a lot of people twiddling thumbs.

This^^^^^ China is closed at the moment,the full impact of the Crona-virus hasn’t quite hit manufacting, but it will.

No. If it’s easy to get on, it isn’t worth doing, basic rule of thumb.

I’ve done Maritime work briefly about ten years ago.

Anybody who advertises for sub contract work is going to be giving you peanuts.