Overtime mode tacho

yourhavingalarf:

fuse:
I can not imagine anyone on here buying a gadget to allow longer drive time , eight hours is enough ,ifyou have bad accident they will find out .

I’ve never understood…

Why drivers (and it’s only drivers) want to work, for example, 19 hours for fifteen hours pay.

I can’t imagine anyone in an office environment staying on for three hours or so unpaid if they’re on an hourly rate.

Time and again, it’s a limit NOT a target! :unamused:

It always beats me does that also.
I suppose you can see the point of an owner driver doing it, whether or not you agree with it…been there done it, so not going to either condone it nor condemn it, those who do it know the pitfalls and consequences.

But why tf would anybody as a mere employee for a co., be so gullible and downright ■■■■ stupid to risk heavy fines, bans, and worse enforced time away from their families, ranging from a few months for relatively minor offences, to doing serious time for manslaughter when things have gone serious big style ■■■■ up time…
What possesses them to think it’s a good idea to work over the already ridiculously long working day for just a few quid extra.
Are they too stupid to see that their bosses, ie. these operators who encourage this, and because of it set the low transport rates to compete with proper hauliers, were not getting driver co.operation, then wages and proper t.s. and c.s would inevitably improve for them, either that or these cowboys would just naturally become extinct and the job would get much better anyhow.

Yet another example of some drivers being thick as pig ■■■■, and being their own worst enemies. :bulb: :unamused: