Reynolds Logistics, Class 1, ADR

I work for Reynolds based out of Ellesmere Port. I’m guessing it will be a little bit different up here, but the basics will be roughly the same. (The planners are based at Thurrock and they plan all of our work as well)
I do 48 hours, based on a 4on4off rota, with plenty of overtime available if I want it. Other drivers do Monday-Friday either days or nights, although very few here ever do nights out.
Salary can be a bit difficult to work out, as the pay is structured with quite a few enhancements. You get a basic salary that makes up the majority, then meal allowance, shift rate (including night rate, or in your case, night out money) and then a ‘location equality’ payment, which is similar to London weighting, but they apply it nationwide, varying on cost of living in various areas.
These are all paid separately in order to allow you not to pay tax on them, therefore maximizing your income.
All told, your income should be 36-40k, depending on the level of enhancements for your area.
As a company to work for, I can have no real complaints. The workload is manageable, and you’re left to get on with it. The equipment is in reasonable condition, I think they are looking to replace a number of cabs this year as they are starting to get a bit old (15-66 plates in our yard, with 500-650k on the clock).
As for the actual work, it’s all fuel work, delivering to both commercial and retail customers, If you’re not PDP qualified, they will put you through the training.
Think I’ve covered most of it, but any questions or anything I’ve missed, feel free to ask

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk