In house Breathyliser and drugs testing

Reef:
Anyone else go to Intertissue in Port Talbot? You have to blow into a breathalyser when you book in there, apparently they’ve turned away quite a few over the years.

Not sure what the further ongoing repercussions of a fail there are though, do they inform your company? The Police? Dunno, never failed myself and not ever likely to either.

Can’t say I’m overjoyed about it but there’s also nothing I can do about it either.

I submitted to a drink and also a drug test at my interview/induction signed an acknowledgement that the Co perform random tests and that I agree to it (or don’t get taken on basically) but in over two years I’ve never been approached, tbh I think they only tend to test immedietly after an incident (if practical to do so of course)

this is what will happen I think on appointment for the job you will have to sign up for alcohol and drug tests if you refuse no job. Yes there might be small companies that don’t have all these arse covering policies that are designed to place more and more blame on the driver but I suspect that they will become fewer and fewer and harder to get.

First job I had was delivering newspapers in a car. One of the other drivers got prosecuted for not having the correct insurance. He called the boss who was going to come down to take the newspapers off him and finish the round cop told the boss if you come down here for the papers I will arrest you for letting your employee go out without the correct insurance.

I assume but don’t know for sure something similar being the same for letting an unfit driver through drink or drugs go out so they cover there arse and in the culture of suing everyone for everything and huge amounts of money being awarded unfortunately companies wont stand up and do their jobs correctly and police their employees.