Overtime mode tacho

trans.info/en/a-fine-of-20-000- … phs-173602

I wonder if they can tell how many went out ‘enhanced’

Not without testing the tachographs and going through records kept by the hauliers and maybe doing things like checking security gate records at delivery points.I know some companies have been dropped in the crap by the times put on the PODs and it not being legally possible to do that schedule with the same driver and obeying drivers hours regs.

Well just reading that, I’m guessing they were using the jumper which you can buy on eBay, it just rounds up and down, eg put on break in traffic jam every time you move slightly it doesn’t default back to drive, stays on break till your moving properly,.

Bet they had enhancement the limiters as well, unless they were all out switching the tacho’s off… Top Tanging…

From the original link, you can click through to here:
trans.info/en/police-have-detec … ine-140063
And here,
trans.info/en/spain-six-months- … aph-172081

“Clever” fiddles, big penalties. What was “undetectable” yesterday is common knowledge today.
Stick a magnet or electronic gizmo on, get done for fraud, thousands of quid fines, and months inside.
There`s always the next boat, remember.

Franglais:
And here,

“Clever” fiddles, big penalties. What was “undetectable” yesterday is common knowledge today.
Stick a magnet or electronic gizmo on, get done for fraud, thousands of quid fines, and months inside.

There’s more than one boat :open_mouth: :blush:

I can not imagine anyone on here buying a gadget to allow longer drive time , eight hours is enough ,ifyou have bad accident they will find out .

Franglais:
And here,

I found some…

Really interesting stories following those and other links on the website. Seems ‘undetectable’ ain’t quite so undetectable after all.

Going way way back, one of ours was captured in Spain and the firm paid a mahooosive fine. Seems he’d found a garage somewhere and paid them to ‘wind her on a bit’. The Spanish copper that caught him worked out that it was impossible to start and finish where he said on most of his cards so, the truck went to the dealers and the whole mess was discovered. Boss went nuts and sacked him. Here’s the kicker, there was no need, no need whatsoever. He had a good job, good kit, wasn’t pushed and earned good dosh.

fuse:
I can not imagine anyone on here buying a gadget to allow longer drive time , eight hours is enough ,ifyou have bad accident they will find out .

I’ve never understood…

Why drivers (and it’s only drivers) want to work, for example, 19 hours for fifteen hours pay.

I can’t imagine anyone in an office environment staying on for three hours or so unpaid if they’re on an hourly rate.

Time and again, it’s a limit NOT a target! :unamused:

yourhavingalarf:
Here’s the kicker, there was no need, no need whatsoever. He had a good job, good kit, wasn’t pushed and earned good dosh.

Yeah, but there is still this “free-wheeling”, “free-spirited”, “I set my own rules”, image perpetuated by some.
If only we had a name, or term for this image? If we can`t come up with a name, maybe someone in another English speaking region could?
Someone from Scotland? Ireland? Maybe a person with a foot on both sides of the Irish Sea?

yourhavingalarf:

fuse:

I’ve never understood…

Why drivers (and it’s only drivers) want to work, for example, 19 hours for fifteen hours pay.

I can’t imagine anyone in an office environment staying on for three hours or so unpaid if they’re on an hourly rate.

Mainly the ones dumb enough to do this are the ones running around for peanut trip money
because the job doesnt pay more than a burger flipper otherwise

yourhavingalarf:

fuse:

I’ve never understood…

It always beats me does that also.
I suppose you can see the point of an owner driver doing it, whether or not you agree with it…been there done it, so not going to either condone it nor condemn it, those who do it know the pitfalls and consequences.

But why tf would anybody as a mere employee for a co., be so gullible and downright ■■■■ stupid to risk heavy fines, bans, and worse enforced time away from their families, ranging from a few months for relatively minor offences, to doing serious time for manslaughter when things have gone serious big style ■■■■ up time…
What possesses them to think it’s a good idea to work over the already ridiculously long working day for just a few quid extra.
Are they too stupid to see that their bosses, ie. these operators who encourage this, and because of it set the low transport rates to compete with proper hauliers, were not getting driver co.operation, then wages and proper t.s. and c.s would inevitably improve for them, either that or these cowboys would just naturally become extinct and the job would get much better anyhow.

Yet another example of some drivers being thick as pig ■■■■, and being their own worst enemies. :bulb: :unamused:

Robbie for TM :wink:

HobNobRoy:

Cheers Nobbie. :wink: :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

fuse:

I’ve never understood…

Let me get this clear I don’t and won’t work in excess of 15 hours…I’m ■■■■■■ off if my day hits 12 hours!

But a possible reason is that the driver is salaried and he knows that when he gets back he’ll have worked to long to clock in tomorrow and therefore get a day off paid. He should still stop for his nine hour break and finish his run off in the morning, and he’d still get his day off paid, so still no excuse!

manicpb:

yourhavingalarf:

fuse:

I’ve never understood…

Let me get this clear I don’t and won’t work in excess of 15 hours…I’m ■■■■■■ off if my day hits 12 hours!

But a possible reason is that the driver is salaried and he knows that when he gets back he’ll have worked to long to clock in tomorrow and therefore get a day off paid. He should still stop for his nine hour break and finish his run off in the morning, and he’d still get his day off paid, so still no excuse!

Thing is though the o/p is a case of blatant law breaking and fiddling for a financial advantage, rather than just getting around the system in the best legal way.

At you going to behave yourself on this thread robroy? No childish bickering so it doesn’t get locked?

Rowley010:
At you going to behave yourself on this thread robroy? No childish bickering so it doesn’t get locked?

Yep, new me :sunglasses: …Stopped responding to clowns, idiots and wind up merchants …but made the exception with you just this once to announce it… :wink: :smiley:

robroy:

HobNobRoy:

Cheers Nobbie. :wink: :smiley:

No problem Royston me old mucker

Too much of a yes man to be a decent shop steward, you would be in the bosses back pocket by lunch time but i reckon you would make an alreet TM :laughing: