Ignorant embarrassed or what?

sammym:

trevorking1964:

bobbya:
If you’re that worried about reversing maybe driving not for you.

Maybe i used too strong a word there.
Been driving for a living since 1985.
7.5t all those years.
Passed my class 2 last week on Monday with 2 faults.
Confident enough in my abilities and chosen career path to be fair.
Class 1 is the unknown for me though, they bend in the middle ! [emoji23]
You know what i mean.
Gonna take some getting used to.
I was trying to say I myself would be grateful when offered guidance from another driver.
I’ve given help in the past when i could in the same sort of situation.

Ignore him. The bloke is chatting rubbish.

No one is born with the ability to reverse an artic. And at the start everyone struggles. Unless you have experience as a shunter or something everyone worries about it.

After a while it all clicks into place. And you will get to a point if you are like me where you find it much easier taking out an artic than reversing a rigid. Not sure why - but I just find rigids harder to reverse now. Uncoupling your trailer and taking shunts to park the unit is more embaressing than anything else :grimacing: .

Just take your time when you pass. Get out yourself and trust no one unless you both know they are a driver. But also a good experienced driver at that. I’ve had security gaurds try and back my into gates before now. Basically just don’t believe anyone is any good until you have seen them walk the walk.

Glad someone else does this! I sometimes start backing up unit only and think what the … are you doing derrr! as I end up 2 feet to the left!