In house Breathyliser and drugs testing

If companies are testing due to an accident or because of suspicion then I don’t really have an issue. I would take issue with random testing, because of how difficult it would be to prove it was truly random, and not the result of am office bod with a vendetta.
I would be very surprised if most companies don’t currently have something written into contracts already allowing them to test in the event of accident or suspicion. They would have to be seen to have something in place, even purely as an arse-covering exercise, to say they have policies in place to protect themselves in the event of an employee being caught under the influence, although it remains to be seen how these policies would actually stand up in the real world.
Imagine a driver causing an accident and police/solicitors etc going to the company and asking if anyone suspected the driver of being over the limit, and why they were not tested, only to be given the response of ‘we couldn’t assess him, as if we’re in the office when he was in the yard!’. Can’t imagine that would go down well…

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk