In house Breathyliser and drugs testing

It’s not the drink and drugs tests per se that worry me, it’s as always the potential abuse of power that concerns me. We all know the type of character who’d willingly volunteer to be a tester (Christ, this forum alone throws up a few no marks who’d kill for the opportunity). So for that reason alone I’m against them.

The Co I work for have this policy and indeed have had for as long as I’ve worked there. In fairness though not a single driver has ever been tested. A few managers have (which I’m all in favour of :grimacing: ) and they also used to test the warehouse bods a lot. I say used to, but taking into account that the majority of the warehouse workers are sub 25 years old they found that they were dismissing about 30% of the workforce every time they had a purge! That was quietly dropped.

The only time I’ve been drink and drugs tested was when I was pimped out to Iceland at Warrington for a few weeks. In fairness again I was pre warned that I’d be tested and given the option not to go there if the thought upset me. As I’d been pre warned I wasn’t bothered at all about the test, and indeed on the drive up there I made sure I kept my intake down to two cans of Stella in anticipation. :wink: