Old guy newbie looking for some honest opinions

Well, surprisingly a prompt reply from DVLA re my licence situation it appears Pete was quite correct I salute you sir. So having read the below my old HGV 3 becomes a Class 2 Result! So medical D4 a D2 application then and a CPC. Standby all roads!! providing I get a job that is. Maybe a few hours refreshing wouldn’t go a miss.

I appreciate you contacting DVLA to seek clarification on the matter.
An applicant who wishes to renew a British mainland or Northern Ireland LGV/PCV licence must show that at some time since 1st April 1986 he/she has held a full LGV/PCV drivers’ licence authorising the driving of that corresponding category. Section 89A (5) of the Road Traffic Act 1988; as amended by the Road Traffic Act (Driver Licensing and Information Systems) Act 1989. Whilst Commencement Order No.4 1990 (SI 2610) specifies the implementation date of 1st April 1991.
Prior to October 1976 driving licence records were held by the Local Taxation Offices and were progressively transferred to the DVLA.
Therefore, we would not hold the details of a test pass before this date.
The back of your photocard licence will show the following symbol < (alongside the categories).
This indicates when the licence holder made the transfer from a red book licence to a DVLA computerised issued licence, thus showing that a test was passed prior to the date on the photocard licence.
I hope this information finds you well.