Atlas express

Night Runner:

atlas man:
I have heard of pace but never knew who they were but thought they were involved with Atlas in some way because all our printed material came from a company called pace

Hi Atlas Man, Herbert Pace was the name of the company and if I am correct owned by Atlas but for how long I dont know. Pace was a "Rootes" dealers and thats where the Dodge lorries came in to the fleet in the early 80`s and the company cars were Chrysler Alpines etc. Pace were also the company that made the van bodies as stated by “rastone” , a they were certainly fitted on the Dodges any way.

I sold quite a lot of D-Series to Atlas.Mostly 2417 D-Series.Dealt with a chap John Woodfield at CoalvilleThe chap I dealt with for the tractor units was Bob Hine at Bromyard.Some D-710’s were for PacefreightThe chap in charge of the body shop at Coalville was Brian Morton who had a model shop in the area( forgotten the name but in the Swad area)Did a deal with him for a Hornby Train set and part exchanged some Dinkys.What you do for your kids but it kept them happy,wish I’d still got the Dinkys though.
haven’t got any phtos of the Pace Freight vans but here is a photo of an Atlas van outside the bodyworks.Very poor I’m afraid.This is of a D 707 with a four cylinder

Tony