Old Traditional or Favourite Routes

Don’t remind me of the nightmare of the old North Orbital, coming off M1 and having to go through Garston Watford Ricky Denham Slough skirting Windsor to get to the south west side, that whole route could be at walking pace, if you were under height you might slip down through Langley past Ford’s truck plant, or you might even risk the 7.5 ton limit at Harefield on the way back up.

Or taking North Circ then via Richmond Kingston Reigate to work your way down to Gatwick and the south coast west of Brighton.

Is it my imagination, North Orbital the other way, the then A6 ending up in a T junction, i kid you not, turning right onto the single carriageway A1 heading down to london?
It doesn’t seem possible now.

Bushey Arches, you’d try and park somewhere near Jaques of Watford (was that how it was spelled, doesn’t look right) low loader site and nip into the little hut cafe for a cup of tea and a dog roll.

All of these fully loaded in them old motors with constant mesh boxes, bloody Gardner engines and no power steering…and we wonder why everything aches.