which truck?

I run two sites, the second one was a firm I took over a few years ago, all secondhand Scania’s. At home we’d always run contract lease volvo’s. I replaced the 16 Scanias with 450 toplines whist running Volvo globetrotter 500 for the rest of the fleet. After 3 years I replaced them all with Volvos. I then tried a new gen Scania, it’s 3 years old and being replaced in April.

I’m only really bothered about 3 things; whole life cost (inc fuel consumption) reliability (inc back up) driver acceptance. The Scania has better fuel consumption, but not enough to justify the extra cost. When they break down (as all trucks do) Scania depots throughout the country seem to take twice as long as Volvo. Also, drivers complained about the seat and bunk in the scania’s, but when i changed them to Volvos there was uproar.

There is not much to split them up, if one was far better we’d all be using it - which is the most popular on the roads on the run you do?

Me personally, if I was doing the driving I would get the truck i prefer to drive, if it’s a regular lad who has worked for you for a while get the truck he prefers. Nothing worse for the bottom line than a man in a truck he hates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk