Weekly rest compensation

mark1284:
So this pattern for example would be illegal■■?

Week 0 regular (60 hours rest)
Week 1 reduced (42 hours rest)
Week 2 reduced (42 hours rest)
Week 3 regular (60 hours rest)
Week 4 reduced (42 hours rest)
Week 5 reduced (42 hours rest)
Week 6 regular (60 hours rest)
And so on

I would say that was legal as i would need to compensate 6 hours for weeks 3 and 6 (51 hours) so im well under by having the 60 hours rest ■■?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s week 5 that would need to be a regular of at least 45 hours.

It’s not your weekly rests that you can reduce every other, it’s any 2 consecutive fixed weeks must have either 1 full and 1 reduced weekly rest or 2 full weekly rests.

Have a weeks holiday, start back 0600 Mon, the week off would count as back to back full weekly rests (45 hours + 45 = 90). because a full weekly rest crossing Sunday midnight, it can count in either, but not both unless it’s a back to weekly rest, minimum of 69 hours (45+24).

So because it’s a back to back full weekly, then the 0000 - 0600 basically counts as a full weekly rest for the coming week.

Reduce at the end.

Reduce at the end of the next week

Full at the end of the next

So you reduced, reduced, full

But the fixed weeks were full, reduced, full

If the 1st reduced crosses Sunday midnight, then both reduced are in the same fixed weeks, you would just compensate the 1 that needed the least amount of compensation.

If it was all before midnight Sunday then you just wouldn’t need to compensate that one

It works by moving the rest that counts from the beginning to the end of the week. It only works if your weekly rests cross Sunday midnight, so therefore can be counted in either, but not both. So this can’t be repeated until you have a back to back weekly rests that crosses Sunday midnight to reset it so the rest that counts is at the beginning again

You could carry the potential to do 2 on the bounce forward indefinitely so long as your weekly rest crosses Sunday midnight

Or 2 or more in the same fixed week