Any old promotor drivers around

EPU 305T. Scania 111 that I drove from the late 70’s through to the early 80’s. A very reliable lorry that saw us see a hell of a lot of different places. I have posted before on here little anecdotes of our time together but I have just been given the details of her demise, albeit quite a fews years ago.

After Promotor decided she had served the company well enough she was moved on and replaced by a newer model. At some stage Bill Humphries purchased her and turned her into the ‘Pink Panther’, a very striking lorry indeed. Bill had her for a few years before he to moved her on. She subsequently was resprayed again, possibly twice, into blue and then green. Finally David Johnson tells me he purchased her and ran her hooked up to a low loader. He thinks he bought her from a lad called Ben Price from Kent. David was in the spare parts business and they bought up old Scania’s, stripped them down and exported the parts. EPU 305T was used to collect the lorries from around the country and bring them back to the yard.

However, finally time caught up with her and she herself was cut up for spares and exported. I’d like to think though that parts of her are still running around somewhere in the Middle East or Africa or maybe even further afield.

David did say he wishes he still had her. I know how you feel David.