Paint makers in the Bradford area

Bowaters Drums at Disley, I was sent there many years ago after going out to attend a breakdown on one of our Marathon’s, After getting the vehicle sorted the driver was told to bring back the van and for me to do the the collection at Bowaters, I could not get under the bridge which could have been just off the A6, I found my way round the back & the time was about 11pm, in the small village there was two youngsters at a bus stop, I asked for directions on how to get into the factory, they said at the T junction turn left then first right, something felt wrong and I said do you mean left, No they said as the road to the right bears off to the left and then over a bridge, off I went and this road was getting steeper and narrower and at this point I knew something was wrong but I was now committed, the lorry just about fitted between the hedges and then to my surprise I ended up at Disley Golf Club, I was lucky to get turned round and felt really guilty about the damage I had done to the grass outside the what I assume was the club house, coming down the hill was the worst experience that I have ever had of being out of control of a lorry, but lucky for me the banks kept it in a straight line, I ended up back in the village but very lucky for them they had gone.

Dave…