Minimum wage for foreign drivers

the nodding donkey:

Franglais:
But I bet you’re jealous really. We’re getting a different colour for our passports!

Did that nice mr. Farage forget to tell you, that you could have had any colour passport, all along?

Not that the colour of my passport concerned me, but Farage was never in Government, so why should he need to tell people, it was up to the relevant government or other pro EU bodies to call out the likes of Farage and The Sun when they harped on about losing Blue passports, they choose not to.

toonsy:
The rules have been there for ages to “level the field” but low and behold our government chose not to, possibly because cheap labour suits those at the top? :open_mouth:

Like immigration laws could’ve been used but never have.

Free movement suited the Conservative and New Labour governments, remember the UK was one of only 3 EU countries who didn’t take the option of having 5 years of controls on workers from the newly joined countries in 2004.

They used EU regulations as a convenient excuse, as they did with many things they wanted, so I suppose it might have been a bit difficult during the Referendum campaign, when both the Conservative and Labour party leadership were supporting Remain, to U turn and admit all those thing they’d spent years telling you were due to the EU were actually government policy.

And anyway so ■■■■ sure of winning they didn’t want the truth to come out as once the referendum was won they were going to continue with the same old policies as before and those on the left weren’t going to tell people that immigration could be controlled as it didn’t suit their agenda.