Trying to find night trunking work as a new pass

lightning:
You could try Gloucester - if thats not too far?
Arthur Spriggs were looking for a night Driver… and Were recruiting for Class ones anyway.
Cotteswold Dairies are recruiting for class 1 drivers. The work is Semi nocturnal as you desire - moving Milk.
There was an agency advert last week for NIGHT drivers in Gloucester…alas cant remember the agency though - sorry.

XPO have been looking for Night drivers out of Wainwright road in Worcester…

Good Luck.

Nah Gloucester isn’t too far, I’ll have a look into those companies too :smiley:

Bigtruck3:
Where is all this lack of confidence coming from I don’t just mean you there seems to be a lot of it going around
Just go and do the job you will make mistakes we all did and some still do, that’s all part of learning even if you do a bit of damage it’s not the end, it’s a lesson learned, every day is a learning process no matter what you do

I’d say it may be a generational thing, but there seem to be people twice as old as me just coming in to the industry with similar confidence issues :confused: Personally I feel the lack of experience behind the wheel of a truck doesn’t help, there’s only so many hours people can afford for lessons and a test, and with all the insurance particulars and surveillance nowadays we can’t just easily tag along in a mate’s wagon for a shift and see how they drive it, plus all the [zb] that comes with a modern unit nowadays and their price tag, and the increasing number of impatient muppets in cars tearing around the roads like a race track, and wagon drivers getting the blame by default if there’s an accident involving a truck, it feels like there’s a lot at stake. Plus it feeling like most companies will just hand you the keys and say get on with it rather than spend a few hours on induction to show a newbie the ropes, like, I could have a guess at how to open and close a curtainsider but I’ve not been shown or taught it, and driving schools only cover what little is needed to pass the driving test and initial CPC :frowning: