PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Regarding Dalgety’s mill at Poole, I can remember tipping wheat there in 1990, M.Way had a big presence in there at that time as there was 2 or 3 of them tipping/reloading. Both times I had a wheel off the bridge whilst taring out, paid on the ton so every bit helps!

Nice story Pete ! :laughing: Had alot of happy memories as a kid delivering there in my grandads trucks. :wink:

Buzzer:
Dean British International were based in Ashley Crescent, Sholing, Southampton in the same yard as Cabmont and before them Public Benefit Coal Co, PBC think they went bust but did mainly Portugal work, Buzzer.

PS. the yard now is used by a recycling company

Thanks Buzzer, i always wondered what happened to them,used to come through Poole alot. :wink:

kenfig bill:
“DEANB”

One for you South Wales chaps.

Two cracking F88’s of J & M Transport.

Hello Dean ,…many thanks for another Howel Richards ERF …the old man says an additional thank you for the J&M Transport F88s …lol …Geraint

Thought you might like them. :smiley:

Heres another one your dad may remember ! :wink:

wales hh ppg.PNG

moomooland:
Powered by a Gardner 150 6LX engine Atkinson Mk1 six wheeler Reg No ODJ 706F was originally registered new to Tabern’s of St Helens on the 1st of November 1967.

After it’s days at Tabern’s it was purchased by Barrett’s of Delph and is pictured here negotiating the hairpin bend at Greenfield Station in Saddleworth on the 22nd of August 1982.

Today it sports the red livery of F.C.Cooke of Leighton Crewe, although as of January 2015 the vehicle was off the road with a SORN in place.

Great pic’s and info Paul, thanks for posting. :smiley: :wink:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
Yes the Marsden integral is the same company…i’m not sure if Ellis Morgan are still trading now…they were a very old company and once had a large fleet of Marsden Integrals…in the later years they went on to more artics.

Regards Mark

Thanks for confirming that Mark,and for the Mason’s comments. :wink:

gingerfold:
“DEANB”
Dalgety Volvo. Does anyone know if they bought out RHM/Chrisopher Hill’s as they took over here mill in Poole.

Yes, Dalgety Agriculture bought RHM Agriculture in 1982. It was a “reverse” takeover in that RHM Agriculture was the bigger company of the two.

Good stuff Graham. :wink: Did you work for them ?

tastrucker:
hello DEAN ,yes indeed Lloyds of Ludlow ,an old mate tells me that those trailers were used to haul carpets out of Kidderminster ,they had a depot thier as well ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor,heres one of there Scania’s. :smiley:

A02382.JPG

Paul John:
Hi Dean and Paul. Penry Morgan were from Blaenavon. They worked out of Ebbw Vale steelworks.
Not sure if he was related to Morgan’s of Cwm.

Thanks for the comments Paul. :wink:

Heres a clipping about Ebbw Vale steel works. :wink:

wales 1958 psw ppg.PNG

kingswinford kit:
“marktaff”

Hi Dean and mark ,they did a lot of work from Dunlopilla Hirwaun and Mettoy (corgi toys) Swansea ,great stuff as usual Dean ,regards Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith. :smiley:

Talking about Swansea here’s an old Leyland dealer advert from Swansea. :wink:

wales fletch.PNG

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

Penry Morgan Volvo. Dont remember having one of these on before,anyone know anything about them ■■

Hey Dean ,Penry Morgan had a fleet of Atki Borderers , i used to see them loading at Doncasters forge in Blaenavon . Thanx for the WM Nicholls Steyr cabbed ERF ,another gem ! it was replaced by a CF Daf , MT

Good stuff MT,thanks for the input and you are right they did operate Atki’s. :smiley: :wink:

A01830.JPG