Verona to Stuttgart

I presume it is best to transit Austria to get from Verona to Stuttgart. Not done Austria before is there anything different I need to know? What route would you suggest, looking at it I was thinking Brenner, Innsbruck… is that roughly correct?

Thanks for any help!

8 legger:
I presume it is best to transit Austria to get from Verona to Stuttgart. Not done Austria before is there anything different I need to know? What route would you suggest, looking at it I was thinking Brenner, Innsbruck… is that roughly correct?

Thanks for any help!

Many years since I’ve done it, but have you got the Austrian “Go Box” or another box that’ll cover Austria? Used to be available at the main frontier if you haven’t. Easy system.
Hopefully some more recent visitor will confirm/deny that.

Franglais:

8 legger:

Thanks for any help!

Many years since I’ve done it, but have you got the Austrian “Go Box” or another box that’ll cover Austria? Used to be available at the main frontier if you haven’t. Easy system.
Hopefully some more recent visitor will confirm/deny that.

Correct if you havn’t a box will need to get one before the 1st gantry or your nicked routes ok, NO overtaking on the A22 be careful at night with speed and also the low noise and low emmissions and the lower speeds also for emmissions IGL big fine if you ignore that, 40km/h near the tyrol, apart from all that scenerys good

If you’re susceptible, take am air-sickness pill before crossing the Brenner…

Austria is very clean and tidy , no litter , but you may find the food at the motorway services a bit expensive but high quality , maybe a venison stew is on the menu .
Their DVSA work 24/7 , not sure if they are called BAG , commercial vehicle enforcement .As said fantastic scenery , not that many truck stops off on the free national routes .Try the pork or veal Schintzel , cooked in breadcrumbs .Post up some photos if you do go .

Austrians are like Germans, but without the sense of humour. :wink:

Harry Monk:

[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:

Zat is korrect! :sunglasses:

By QUIRK of genetics,a GERMAN was crossed with a donkey and a pig and was called an Austrian.