PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Ah, Pear Tree Lane Pensnett! There was a blacking factory on there and back in 1975 I went there on a breakdown to one of Tilcons Meriden based Foden S39 sand tankers (DCH 359J) with what turned out to be a seized clutch. Took me a while to find the place, having only recently moved up from the ‘Sunny South’ of England. I was driving an ■■■■■■ van and just after getting on the M6 at Stafford the fan belt broke! I phoned the quarry and immediately got a bollocking because it was the weighbridge operators van and he wanted to go home at 3pm! “Why didn’t you notice the belt was dodgy?” he asked.:unamused: They came out with a belt and another van so we repaired one and then swapped all my tools over on the hard shoulder so the original van could go back. Anyway there was nothing I could do so the following day our foreman rode down from Ashbourne with the driver in a Foden S50 halfcab to tow it back, must have been a tight fit in one of those cabs as they were both quite largish lads! :laughing:

Pete.