Fridge Work sleeping issues

ytrehodluap:
Fascinating info regarding the ADR stuff no doubt Dieseldave would no about it also?

I was mainly thinking about the usual supermarket deliveries, perhaps a lot of the tomatoes are transported at less the 4 degrees as they are often tasteless!!!

I’m surprised a lot more of the fridge trailers don’t have the engines mounted down out of the way under the floor rather than next to the drivers head, are these generally speaking generators providing 3 phase AC to operate the refrigeration gear in the trailer?? Presumably if not in constant mode the fridge thermostat will operate at 12 or 24 volt and start the engine when necessary, in any case im fairly sure a defrost cycle will be necessary, during which the temperature may rise briefly (or stop falling) until completed and switch back to cooling…
I’ve also driven rigids where the fridge is also driven from the main engine presumably these would only be used for store deliveries??

There are few fridges with the motors underneath but I heard that they have problems with crap coming up form the road especially in winter with all the salt being thrown up