PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Wow Dean,a virtual plethora of tanker photos,thanks mate. You are right,the A E Evans Marathon PCL 553R Fleet 238 was mine from new and was the first new vehicle Evans bought.Not me driving in that photo though,I had left by the time the individual Hazchem board holders were fitted for each compartment and not the trailer I had originally - and look at those red wheels,awful. The driver looks very much like Roger Brown who took that vehicle over after me when I left in Feb 1979,and it’s loaed with 3WE1114 which is benzene,so probably en route to Bitmac in Llanwern complex.
I reckon the Harold Wood SA400 was based at Shell Chemicals Stanlow as the product labels look like the Shell type.Andrew Hogg from Kilsyth was eventually part of United Transport along with Stamps,Ancliff and Bulwark.Stiller was probably loaded out of ICI Wilton or Billingham as they were a Teesside based company.The greyish liveried Marathon is one of Leathers Chemicals who originally ran in a dark green livery.The F88 with single axled trailer is one of Crown Walpamur Paints from Darwen Lancashire,looks odd with that small tank.I think maybe that the Coastal Roadways Marathon was loaded out of BP Plastics in Barry.I don’t know much about Forresters,only that their depot was in Whixhall Salop and worked out of Synthite in Mold Nth Wales,and I wonder if the Scania 110 in Synthite livery is one of theirs? One of the North Wales lads will know.Manchester Tankers did a lot of hazardous waste and were always to be seen down at that site near Pitsea in Essex. Not sure which site the Albright and Wilson Marathon is from,I know P J Butler ran Marathons out of the A and W place at Oldbury but they had places all over,including Whitehaven,Widnes and Barton On Humber area,looks like it has a VH Huddersfield reg plate so could be one of Tankfreight maybe.Hallamoil was/is a Sheffield based company,that SA has what looks like a AB Worcs reg plate so maybe they had a depot there.I know nowt about Industrial Latex except they were from Cardiff (I think) and were up and down that M50 many times a day,maybe running to tyre factories like Michelin Stoke or Dunlop Castle Bromwich.And as for Taylors from Lichfield,well I heard so many rumours about them so have to endorse what Pete Smith said,although I knew nowt else about them. A E Evans bought one or two ex Shell tilt cab Mammoth Majors,and IIRC the AV691 engines were subbed with AV760s as they had some trouble with them.Trouble is there is nobody around to ask. :frowning:
A photo of an ex Shell Mammoth Major taken at Barking depot,photo not mine.
Thanks for the refueller info and the BP Oil pics,and the Butterfield Tanks info.I stand to be corrected on any of the above by the way. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

evans53.jpg