I’m such an awesome driver

robroy:

Rowley010:
I was on the M6 last night on a smart motorway section in the Birmingham area. Signs saying 50mph, next ones said 30mph. Now I couldn’t see any reason at all for the 30mph limit so what I was going to do was carry on through at 50mph, get flashed, get fined, then start a new thread on here moaning and claiming the 30mph was just to make money from poor motorists as there was no reason for it to be there.

But then, in the blink of an eye I had a revolutionary light bulb moment. I decided if I slowed down to 30mph regardless of whether I agreed with the limit or not I wouldn’t get fined. So this is what I did. I surprise myself sometimes when I can apply that level of logic to something like this.

Like you say, awesome.
It’s down to the benefits coming out of all those years of experience you told us about the other day.

Btw…those signs, were they orange on the matrix by any chance?

No they weren’t advisory rob I’m not that daft. They were obligatory speed limits in red circles. I do know the difference. Actually the same night I chose to ignore an advisory of 40 and stay at over 50 as I took the advice, conducted my own risk assessment and carried on. Difference being on the actual smart motorway ones you aren’t allowed to only take the advice and conduct your own assessment. It’s a speed limit whether you agree with it or not.