Getting Class 2 License but don't own a car - Need advice

I would be interested if any instructors have input - my initial concern is going for LGV training and test when not having gained much car experience. I could be wrong on if it would be an issue.

Clearly the fact that you have little car driving experience isn’t going to help. But there was a time (up to the end of 1996) where we used to train non car drivers on artics. This was called “double L” as we used to have to display the current L plate (to signify no car licence) and the HGV L plate (long since defunct). And yes, it was artics as there was no requirement to do rigid first. As well as that, I trained dozens and dozens of bus conductors, who had never needed to drive a car, on double deck buses. This was because of the onset of one man operation and their choice was to be redundant or learn to drive. No huge problems with that.

I would strongly suggest you get your provisional licence and have some assessment drives. Let us know where you are and I may be able to give you some pointers.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: