PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Here are some shots of our, then, local Crane Hire firm Hudson Engineers of Sandside. Not a large firm but they had a good reputation. Their lagest Crane was 6 wheeler with a further two or three four wheelers, they started with a strut crane in the early 60’s and eventually moved onto Tele’s. We used Hudsons many times over the years mainly for lifting trailers off in the yard although the biggest and longest lasting job they did for us was when we provided outside Pulp storage for our local Mill at a time of shortages in the mid 70’s. we circa 1500 ton in a stack in our old yard down in Milnthorpe.

First shot is an early '90’s shot at Lakeside on Windermere and this was probably the last crane Hudsons operated. The Driver is the late Tom Grindey and he shot lifting off a replica Viking ship to drop onto the Lake for the Festival.

The two previous shots are of a couple of Hudsons cranes lifting trailers down in our depot. If we needed them for this job they usually called in at finishing time on their way back to Sandside.

scan0157.jpg
Got to include this last shot which is one I took from the Man Cage when I was replacing the elements in one of our flood light towers!!! That is Bob Bagguely at the controls looking up at me 50 ft above ( I had the “anti shake” device switched on the camera ! :wink: ) Cheers Dennis.
And PS for Buzzer that is my Transporter box laid on it’s side over the fence which was an attachment for my little David Brown tractor and yes I had all the implements , trailer, roller, chain harrows and fertilizer spreader plus the tractor had a fore loader as well !!