Manual entry after holidays

Hi.
I’ve seen some old topics about manual entries after holiday periods but my question is a bit different. I always perform manual entry once I’m back from holiday. I always put my tacho on rest for said time. Recently I’ve been notified by my employer that this is wrong. I shouldn’t be doing any manual entry for the holiday period because this doesn’t correspond to employers entries in the system (every day of holiday counts as 8hrs of work for wtd purposes).
Is it ok?
Will everything be ok if I won’t do manual entry after holiday? Even if I withdraw my card on crossed hammers before I go on holidays?

Thx.

Why would you do manual entries for holidays.
Your not at work so why do it?
Do you do manual entries for your weekends off?

Sent using smoke signals

The fact that you want to withdraw the card on other work suggests that you will do some work after ejecting the card, if that’s the case then legally you’re required to do manual entries for any work done after you ejected the card in the last shift worked and any work done before inserting the card in the current shift, on newer tachographs that pretty much means you’ll have to manually record something for the period between the two shifts.

If you’re not doing any significant work after the card is ejected in the last shift or before inserting the card in the current shift there’s no legal reason to do manual entries regardless of what mode you leave the tachograph on, but if that’s the case and it bothers you why not put it on rest before ejecting your driver card.

If you’re not doing any work between ejecting the card and reinserting it and you manually recording the rest period is for some reason upsetting the companies system then don’t do a manual entry for the rest period.

By the way, for the working time regulations holidays count as 8 hours for individual days but 48 hours for whole weeks Monday to Sunday.

It make no difference what mode you eject or insert on, if you don’t do a manual entry the the time the card is out will be recorded as ? Which means unallocated time, this is accepted as rest unless there’s evidence to the contrary.

You can still record rest if you want, as it’s rest for the EU regs, the hours recorded for the holidays is only included in the total for the purpose of calculating the average, but if it keeps him happy you could do a manual entry to add time to the end of the last shift and begining of the 1st shift back, and if you’ve got a October 2011+ truck you can then record the holiday as ? So the holiday would be recorded as if you didn’t do a manual entry. The 1st Siemens anyway you couldn’t manual entry ?