Owner driver bulk tippers

Hi all,

Your advice would be much appreciated. I am considering purchasing two used 8x4 32t tipper tucks (Around £40,000.00 each) and would like advice on the following:

1 - What vehicle to purchase DAF, Iveco, Scania, Volvo, Merc etc ?
2 - Automatic or manual ?
3 - Is it worth working for Tarmac / Hanson on their owner / driver schemes?
4 - Can you get work from websites such as ‘Haulage exchange’ , ‘Return loads’ etc for bulk tipper loads?

Any other advice / information would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dazzlerp

Do yourself a favour and save your £80 k

I seem to think both Tarmac & Hanson are VERY particular about spec. of trucks that are on contract to them … you can’t just “rock-up” with any-old tipper you have bought. You need to do more research before lashing out on 2 trucks … have you ever done any tipper work :question:

You need your head checked spending £80k on two 8wheeler tippers and not have a clue about the job!!!

Do you do a bit of “laundering” on the side and need to get shot of a pile of money rather quick!!! :grimacing:

Big Truck:
You need your head checked spending £80k on two 8wheeler tippers and not have a clue about the job!!!

Do you do a bit of “laundering” on the side and need to get shot of a pile of money rather quick!!! :grimacing:

Well as a 84 year old retired haulage man, My advice to you in todays climate in the tipper game Leave your £80 grand in the bank and look for better investment on the interest that you could get, This is just my humble opinion of course, Good luck in whatever you decide to do, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Big Truck:

Well as a 84 year old retired haulage man, My advice to you in todays climate in the tipper game Leave your £80 grand in the bank and look for better investment on the interest that you could get, This is just my humble opinion of course, Good luck in whatever you decide to do, Regards Larry.

+1 ^^^

Hi Lawrence & Stanley,

Thank you for your advice.

I was trying to keep a couple of good lads who have worked for me for a very long time in a job as I’m going in a different direction with my company and laying all my lads off. As there is a 3 year by pass project on my door stop I though I could jump in but obviously its not that easy !!

I will stick with what I know ‘Property’.

Cheers