PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

ergomatic man:
“DEANB” Pics from the M54.

Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 ■■?possible it could be heads transport from shortheath willenhall some of there,s were dark blue with no name.

Thanks for the name “ergomatic man” that rung a bell. Posted this one ealier in the thread which was green ■■ :wink:

A00068.JPG

MANTRONIC:
Thanks for the comments “MT” .Heres an article about S.Jones. :smiley: :wink: Hey Dean thanx ,magic! MT

:smiley: :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Peter Bowker was based at Bridgnorth Salop, sadly no longer trading.

We have had a few of his on here Pete ! :smiley:

pete smith:
GKN, Hadley Castle Works, they have made a very wide range of products there from vending machines, truck and tractor wheels, the Ergomatic cabs, phone boxes ( later type not the red ones ) as well as Spitfires for the war effort, here is an aerial shot of the works in the 1980’s, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info and pic Pete,good stuff chap ! :smiley:

FLOURPOWER:
“DEANB”

Cheers “FLOURPOWER” Heres a Spillers AEC ! :wink:
Cheers Dean love the look of these as a 8 wheeler powder tanker pure flourpower!!!

Pure Flourpower ! :laughing: :laughing:

oiltreader:
Richard Long Scania. Dont know if they are still going
They are Dean.
Oily

Thanks for the pics Oily, i see they are still hauling agricultural goods. :wink:

robthedog:
Richard long from Norfolk way are still going see them across the water quite a lot although most are Dutch registered, not good to work for by all accounts.

Thanks for the comments Rob. :wink:

robthedog:
The FIAT coming out of Poole docks, is that one of Hills of Botley in the background ?

robthedog:
Grant Smith Volvo.

A03600p.JPG

That looks like an ex JC Dean motor from salisbury

Reckon you are right i thought exactly the same when i posted it Rob. :wink:

marktaff:
Hi Carl,
Although Dean points out the photo was taken in 2003 quite a few of these R plate volvo’s were still on the road up until about two years ago…i think there maybe the odd one still in service…but in all fairness the bodies on the 6 leg volvo’s were all built by Bevans from the Midlands …and were designed to be very hard wearing with very few gadgets so one fits all ramps and so on …so not suprised they still look good with a new coat of paint.

The new Pickfords these days are putting these old Bevans bodies on second hand chassis …a lot of these refurbished trucks are then sold to the franchised members around the country…
.they also build bodies in certain parts of the country and plant them on second hand chassis …and also buy second hand trucks also these days.

So they do run vehicles of a very old age these days.

Regards Mark

Pickfords have lost the plot when it comes to buying trucks these days it seems Mark. They seem to buy anything, have seen alot of
box trucks rather than proper pantecnicons. Alot cheaper to buy. :laughing: :wink:

DISPATCHER:
Robthedog, well spotted Hill’s MAN with Dennison lowlaoder in the background

:wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean steel & alloy West Brom just of j1 m5 we used to deliver steel from port talbot ,happy new year to all on here especially dean,mark and Paul and all your families :smiley:

Thanks for the info John ! Happy New Year chap. :smiley: :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Crowthers Scania livestock draw-bar.

Hello DEAN ,the Crowthers Scania ,is from Craven Arms Shropshire they were very big livestock hauliers but they finished about 20 years ago ,they actually took livestock to the continent ,a big Scania fleet with a few Volvos ,they bought out another local haulier Burgoynes and set up in thier yard with another at Culmington on the back road towards Ludlow
And yes Dean J P Wood Chukie were also from Craven Arms ,anther big Scania fleet with a sprinkling of MANs ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the comments Trevor,good stuff chap. Is that the same Burgoynes that operated the green Spanish Dodges ■■? If it is
have a look on page 252.

Found a newer one of Burgoynes but looks like they have changed there colour scheme.

P3010021p.JPG

kingswinford kit:
“pete smith” Clive Price are from Hereford, been at it a fair few years usually running Scania’s but i can remember a couple of Ford Cargo’s that snuck in to the fleet!
Hi Dean and pete ,i can remember Clive Price having a Spanish Dodge unit years ago ,recently those Scania;s have been busy hauling cider apples for Bulmers .
Dean ,loved the Marathons from south Wales back on page 395 ,regarding Morfa they also had drivers based at Kington and Leominster ,best wishes for the New Year regards Keith

Thanks for the info Keith, good stuff chap. Page 395,come on chap keep up !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Heres his Dodge and a few other’s chap. :wink:

A03126.JPG

A03254p.JPG

A00376.JPG

A03600p.JPG

smallcoal:
Hi dean,the Richard long Scania I notice a Bedford Marsden behind it :smiley:

Cant beat a mighty Bedford John ! :laughing: :wink:

Heres a Marsden one chap.

removal p bed1 pr.PNG

robthedog:
“DEANB” F.B.Atkins & Sons Transport brochure.

They also has a depot in Totton tar works Southampton, I think they were a shadow of their former selves by then running poxy Renault trucks on containers

Well Rob i think they had a few other depos not mentioned in the brochure. :wink:

SURPRISED THERE WERE NOT MORE COMMENTS ON ATKINS ■■? :cry: :confused: :question:

Happy New Year to everyone from me Paul and Mark ! :smiley: :wink: