Robsons 'Frae Carlisle

Lawrence Dunbar:

jonnyA:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:
I knew George Flenley, Robsons M.D. and I did have the privilege of meeting Stan in his Boardroom on one occasion and we had a good craic !. It was actually George who was instrumental in building up the Robson fleet in the 50’s and 60’s and he was ably assisted by Mr. N. T. O’Reilly who ran a large accountancy Practice with offices in Carlisle, Penrith and IIRC Hawse. I actually had dealings with O’Reilly’s when I acquired two “A” licences from Tommy Coward of Coward Bros. Sedbergh. Cheers Bewick.

Hi Dennis, A old friend of mine Marshall Eglin. Who was a Foden driver & Worked for Gurteens Transport, Who endened up working for Robsons driving on of their Dafs, Ended up with a bad back. Now the question is what caused this. Well old Marshall RIP Always reckoned, It was the awfull seat in the Daf the was the cause, Regards Larry.

Evnin Larry , mr eglin probably got his bad back from day he was trying to sheet a load timber in the wind , well yep you guessed the wind took the sheet clean off and poor Marshall with it , , noticed you put rip next to his name ,■■? When

Hi There Jonny, Marshall was a good friend of mine, He worked for Gurteen when I first met him But the when we got on talking, I remembered him driving Fodens for Salkelds in the 50/60sEra, He was a great lad, Regards Larry.

When did he pass away, I worked with him at Robson in 80,s1990, till we got made redundant, then I unfortunately went to fergies erhhhh , bang on head moment that was , regards jon