Daf xf 105 460 2012/13 - manual or auto?

Quinny:

norb:

Trickydick:
I am told the latest big dafs have moved away from zf boxes and are now using someone elses (traxton?) and they are meant to be very fast and very nice to drive?

Traxton is a ZF box !!! ,They have went to EATON for a new 5 speed manual box…Apart from the 5 speed all other boxes are ZF … I don’t know who is feeding you information but they are clueless Tricky

On our 69 plate XFSSC’s, they have the Traxton box in, and if I am honest, they don’t seem to be any faster than the ZF box. The salesman told my gaffer that the box is now built for better torque, and that the 480 performs as well as the 510/530.

Oh no it doesn’t!!!

I had a 530 90th anniversary limited edition on demo about 3 weeks ago, while mine had all the bells and whistles fitted, and it pulled like a train, so get one of those instead. My 480 is numb compared to the 460 it replaced, and it only does 54mph on the cruise control.

Quinny the Traxton is ZF …I wont comment on how it drives as I only fix them and roadtest them ,so I don’t drive them for a living .The Traxton is ,and I should hope it is otherwise it was a waste ,better than AS-Tronic ,so far it has only has software updates ,which to be honest seem to be the main issues nowdays …Now I do not programme them at source ,but I would like to think manufacturers programme it for the tyres that are to be fitted

What DAF have done though, is fitted them with 315 tyres all around instead of 295’s.

Ken.