PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

vwvanman0:
The erf rigid with the union jack on the front looks like bisley office furniture. Great pics as ever.

Steve

Thanks for the name Steve ! :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi dean the Volvo with carline on is a subbie it’s stallards they had carline on to get in places

Thanks for the info John. :smiley:

Buzzer:
Dean the truck with FHR is F.H.Roberts a Southampton based company involved in newspaper distribution and warehousing, Buzzer

Thanks for the name Buzzer ,can say they ring a bell wih me. :wink:

robthedog:
Anyone recognise the Volvo FL10 ■■?

The FL10 could be STS ? Buzzer or tribsa will know

Thanks for the possible name Rob. :wink:

Chris Webb:
The photo of the Solstor,South London Storage,wagon reminds me of the times Solstor used to backload out of Wincanton Maltby,usually for Snodland,Dartford or Aylesford.They were usually owner drivers pulling Solstor trailers and were all nationalities including Turkish which was a challenge language wise as not many folk in Maltby spoke Turkish. :smiley:

Thanks for the memories Chris, i particularly liked “not many folk in Maltby spoke Turkish” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Clive Price are from Hereford, been at it a fair few years usually running Scania’s but i can remember a couple of Ford Cargo’s that snuck in to the fleet!

Thanks Pete for the info,we have had a few of them on here,looks like a tidy fleet. :smiley: :wink:

Carl Williams:
“marktaff” Hi Dean,
Lovely pic of this Pickfords 6 legger…this would be one of the first batch of 6 leggers they put on the road in 1997…but here in this pic as had a new lease of life with a new paint job in the new colours and logo in the last couple of years.
I much preferred the old Allied logo but you cannot stop progress :smiley:

Regards Mark

Hi Mark,
If you are correct that van must have been about 20 years old when it went in for re-paint. I must admit it looks in remarkable condition. However it makes you wonder what’s going on at Pickfords. Just a few months ago I saw about 6 vans for sale on Trucktrader all under 2 years old. Why would anyone sane keep 20 + years old when parting with almost new?

Any thoughts or gossip?
Hope you have a good New Year

Carl

Good input Mark and Carl. I think Mark is right that probably was one of the original ones from 1997 as the pic was taken in 2003. :smiley:

I never liked the look of those 6 wheeler Pickford’s motors. :wink:

ergomatic man:
“DEANB”

Moran & Sons ERF tipper.

think moran only runs the 1 tipper now goin back a few years i remember him running quite a fleet in particular his aec marshall with late leyland grill on it,also erf bseries 6 wheelers,and leyland cruisers that had been converted from units into 6 legger tippers,and a y reg c series erf tractor unit used with a low loader,which went over the rd opposite motans yard to reban transport who run a good old classic fleet.

Thanks “ergomatic man” for your comments. Moran sound like Harts they used to like converting trucks/tippers to what they
wanted. :wink:

hart tipper.PNG

FLOURPOWER:
“DEANB”
Nice bit of Irish flour couple nice Leyland tankers thankyou not seen them before cheers Flourpower.

Cheers “FLOURPOWER” Heres a Spillers AEC ! :wink:

flourpower2.PNG