PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB”

Not had one of these on before. Peerless ERF from Liverpool. Ring a bell Ray ■■?

Anyone know where the Fork Truck Rental’s Foden is from ■■?

Hi Dean, I can see that some of us are working hard on Trucknet today… Do you think we will qualify for Double Time ■■ :slight_smile:

Peerless Refinery had a large factory on Dunnings Bridge Road at Aintree, not far from the start and finish location of the
M57 and M58 Motorways. Fork Truck Rentals were part of what was Lansing Bagnall Fork Trucks, later to be known as
Lansing Linde. They had depots throughout the UK, the ones that I am aware of were at Preston, Warrington, & Buckley,
near Mold in North Wales, Bristol. and Isleworth. For many years, Lansing Bagnall had a factory at Frog Lane in Wigan
under the name of REGENTRUCK, which refurbished and sold fork trucks that were considered worthy of a re-build.
We think the name meant Regenerated Fork Truck. John Wilkinson, my long time friend and fellow haulier was their
carrier for over 20 years. Happy Christmas, Ray.

Hello Ray, Good stuff chap and thanks for the pics. :wink: Paul informs me we have have had a Peerless Volvo on before.

paulgee peerless.jpg

Fork Truck Rental DAF.

logger:
Steve Whistance Foden tipper. Owner driver possibly ■■
Steve Whistance and son Mike run a small fleet
based Chepstow , south wales

Thanks for confirming that “logger” heres another one Paul sent me. :wink:

windrush:
Eatons had many tippers and a few tankers bringing raw materials into the works. Mostly Foden and ERF, they carted sand from the old ARC pit near Kings Bromley among others and we on Tilcon usually got a wave from their drivers as we passed each other regularly on the A515! . They also collected limestone from Derbyshire. At one time I was told that they not allowed CB’s or radios in their cabs, the manager was ex military who ruled with a rod of iron. Tackle was always imaculate though, spotlessly clean and I believe they were paid a good rate as drivers.

Pete.

Thanks for the info Pete. Funny how that was the first tipper of there’s that i can remember seeing as we have had alot of there
trucks on here. I then looked in the folder that pic came from and found another one ! :laughing: :wink:

P8070039p.JPG

FLOURPOWER:
Cranfields Flour ERF.
Hi Dean,Paul and Mark merry Christmas and thankyou for all your hard work over the last year making this great group so many great photos that wouldn’t have been seen after the hard work and time caputuring them on film when we had a great british truck industry days we will not see again sadly long many the photos keep coming!!!

The Cranfields ERF is from Ipswich and part of Allied mills and one of two mills not to go Red and White livery and no reference to Allied mills the other was Chancelot mill Edinburgh.Keep the flourpower coming in 2020!!!

Thanks for the info “FLOURPOWER” :smiley: Good to hear from you, i thought you had fell of your perch as havent heard from you
for a long time. :laughing: :wink:

Carrs Flour Mills from 1967.

flourpower 1967 ppg.PNG

ergomatic man:
“DEANB”]

Anyone recognise the Scania 113 ■■
scania tipper looks like one of bowmur haulage cannock.

Thanks for the name “ergomatic man” :wink:

Thanks “Hot rod32” for also saying Bowmur. :wink:

Heres a couple more.

P4220154p.JPG