PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

jshepguis:

Chris Webb:

jshepguis:
A merry christmas to you Dean ,Paul and Mark for your efforts with this fantastic thread. Durhams of Teesside became part of PD logistics as you can see wagon is pulling an old liveried Durhams tanker. Think PD stands for Powell Duffryn group they now run Teesport and Hartlepool ports.

I always wondered what happened to Durhams,now I know. Bob Durham had a big fleet at one time doing a lot of work for ICI. They won “Haulier of the year” sometime in the 70s. They took over Sandersons of Middlesborough who ran some trunks to Lichfield changing over with S Protheroe from Swansea.
Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you all. :smiley:

Hi Chris, yes my father and uncles all drove for Sandersons and as you rightly said night trunks to Newport and changeovers with S Protheroe at Lichfield, also a changeover at West Bromwich. PD group IIRC had a Mercedes Benz franchise hence the Mercedes wagon, another firm from Scunthorpe area that you may remember was Consolidated Land Services who were also part of the group.

I remember Consolidated Land Services very well,they were on Grange Lane Scunthorpe,did a lot of steel,long loads. They were formed by amalgamating North Lincs Haulage and H and L from Workington.Tanker Hire was also part of CLS,they did a bit of work for A E Evans in winter.