PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Hey up Dean on my way to Frome today I past one of Parsons artic tippers you mentioned a while back so they are definitely still operating, Buzzer

Nice to hear they are still going Buzzer, havent seen one for ages. :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:
“kingswinford kit”

Hi ,jshepguis,yes indeed Glyn Morris entire fleet would have been second hand stock,he hauled steel out the Orb works in Newport and had tippers on coke work ,regards Keith

South Wales haulier? Not since the days of Glyn’s dad! Glyn ran his fleet from the old Weston’s Biscuits depot at Lea Line then moved to the former Norman Cash’s Kilcot Garage, just over the border into God’s Own County. Photo was taken before livery was applied- unit dragged into service to load a trailer for the next day. Just a guess!

Good stuff “ROF”, thanks for the info. :wink:

pete smith:
"cookie1""Punchy Dan"The Iveco could be Dave Henton aka PED iirc Pete Smith may be more accurate :wink:

Hi Dan that Iveco probably was Henton and the Transcon I think was owner driver Paul Merrick who was one of Mervyn Applebys ex drivers

Morning Dan and Jerry,
The Iveco was Dave Hentons and it originally pulled a fridge for Dave on Euro work, Italy and Spain I think.Looks like he is on his way to Stadco at Shrewsbury.
The Transcon Jerry I think you are correct in saying it was Metrics but I can only remember him on Castle Services along side Porky! Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the name and info Dan,cookie1 and Pete ! :smiley: :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
The FL looks like one that operated out of the dairy at Minsterley, the old Ski Yoghurt factory, Trevor will know better!

Cheers Pete ! :smiley:

pollystag:
Anyone recognise the Scania ?

I recon this scania is ex Sheertrucks.

Thanks for confirming the name “pollystag” :wink:

acab:
“pete smith” Hi Dean,
The FL looks like one that operated out of the dairy at Minsterley, the old Ski Yoghurt factory, Trevor will know better!

The unit is painted in Coldtream’s livery which was the name Express Dairies used when it merged it’s two distribution divisions in 1989. The trailer would have been in the old livery whilst the unit has not been fitted with the Coldstream logos.

Thanks for the info “acab” :wink:

tastrucker:
M.K.Morgan Scania.

Wye Valley Metals Scania.

Hello DEAN ,MK Morgan from Knighton and Wye Valley metals down Hereford way ,see them up here quite a lot ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :smiley:

MANTRONIC:
“kingswinford kit”
Hi Dean ,some stunning pics here ,Glyn Morris was a haulier from either Gorsley or Lea nr Ross on wye ,no doubt our ROF will put me right
Hi MT ,yes WM Morgan had a few drivers based in Talgarth that also acted as change over for the Midlands
Thier was a driver i once knew in Hay ,he lived down past the Swan hotel and at the time was hauling scrap to BSC Motherwell and returning with steel from Gartcosh for Coated Metals Pontardulais ,very smart fleet especially the Atkis ,but those Transcons were very fast and did European work ,regards Keith

Hey Keith ,yes that was Graham Bowen who lived down Gypsy lane past the Swan ,he also drove for John Evans ,MT

Good stuff Keith & MT. :smiley: :wink:

With regard to the export question. I must admit i would not have known the answer although would have flicked a coin as it
had to be either Leyland or Bedford. I would have gone for leyland personally due to the number of models that they sold.

However it was infact Bedford that sold over 53,379 truck’s abroad in 1975. That works out at 4448 per month or 1026 per week !

Over the 10 year period they sold 461,743. Bedford have sold vehicles in about 120 countries ! :open_mouth:

Thanks to coomsey,gingerfold and marktaff for your answers. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.