PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:

jshepguis:
Hi Dean think this Borderer could have been a sub contractor for Durhams from Teesside as he is pulling a Durhams trailer which has a load of steel rod more than likely loaded from the rod mill BSC Lackenby. My dad worked in the trailer scheme there loading loads such as this for all the hauliers involved, from the late 70,s until he retired.

This wagon although Kieth has identified as been from a haulage company from Wales does have a North East (Durham) registration so maybe second hand.

Thanks for the comments about the Atki chap. :smiley:

ramone:
“DEANB” M54 photos.

Woodhaul Renault.

That Woodhaul Renault brought back some memories , i thought it was my old motor at first but mine was a twin steer E555 EWE . I think it came from Sheffield and could have been an ex Gloystene ? motor . Bloody awful thing on a par with the Mercs we are running now but at least it was a manual

“Bloody awful thing” :laughing: :laughing: Classic ! Always nice when you see a company you drove for even if it was not the best of
trucks “ramone” :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, Just as you suggested earlier, I have been back to page 179 from February 2018. I had forgotten that I posted
a few pictures of my Ex Bass Charrington TL Bedford, which, when new, was fitted with Linkliner sliding door bodywork
by Boalloy. I very soon had it converted to a curtainsider. Also the interesting comments that Bass removed any makers
lettering from the radiator grill, in this case B E D F O R D , I hadn’t noticed that it wasn’t there. :blush: :slight_smile:

Cheers, Ray.

Always nice to see a “mighty Bedford” on here Ray, as have always liked them. :smiley: :wink:

I didn’t drive for them Dean it was just a similar colour to the one i had the misfortune of driving , but things improved when i got an older Foden with a Gardner in