Head torch recommendation

Conor:
Forgot to mention, it comes with a 3 year guarantee for what its worth.

Next to naff all in reality, as after the first 30 days you’d be responsible for shipping costs to the US.

Amazon are normally pretty good about returns/exchanges of defective products though.

As it happens I had been thinking of buying a new one anyway as I’ve lost/mislaid the one I’ve been using for a few years, so this morning I took delivery of one of these Omeril devices. My initial impressions are quite good. Seems to be VERY bright and the switches don’t seem prone to accidental operation (lost count of the number of times my old one killed the (non-rechargeable) batteries by switching itself on in my bag!). While the unit is a tad bulky, it’s not as heavy as my old one and the ratchet-click angle adjustment on the headband has a nice positive action (again, unlike my old one - which would randomly droop down as I walked around the lorry).

I’m an Amazon Prime customer anyway, so got next-day delivery at no cost. All in all, seems a good little torch - cheers for the heads-up, Conor!

PS - One other good thing. It comes in a sturdy cardboard box which (a) is a lot more useful for storage than the usual blister packs and (b) is totally recyclable anyway.