High vs Low Profile tyres

coiler:
I’ve moved from 295/80 to 315/70 tyres on the euro6 tractor units. They have a higher load, are a similar weight, and last longer. A315/80 has a higher load rating, but is heavier. It also has a higher rolling resistance compared to a 70 profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only talking about this the other day, most of Walkers fleet is now 315/70 can’t comment on exact mileage as tyre damage can finish off an expensive tyre before it’s technically bolloxed.
Changed a set of low rolling resistance drives on a unit the other day because of lack of traction, the tyres weren’t quite ready for re cutting but due to the tread pattern they were useless this time of year
I’m sure I’ve seen an article in commercial Motor that a local haulage firm BJ Waters have been ordering new trucks with 295/80’s due to getting better mileage out of them, I suppose it’s down to your operation and how you load really.
Moving forklift trucks it’s not always possible to get the weight in the ideal place in the trailer due to height/size etc so it’s possible we see an increase in wheel spin especially when you see some of the places the drivers have to deliver to