Fixed penalities for Tacho Infringements

While everyone goes on about it, I have yet to find a definitive list of charges and criteria for infringements. Does one even exist?

How many people have actually been fined. Not “My mate was…” Or " I heard this bloke got fines…" Has anyone on here physically been done?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

This may help

novadata.co.uk/userdata/fil … alties.pdf

Just noticed the fines are wrong they are now higher .

you may need a pdf on your tablet /computer.

Thank you. Is there similar for WTD do you know?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Last fine was nearly 5 years ago in Sandbach, boss paid by Visa over the phone and once 24 break was complete headed on my way.
If you are in UK registered lorry with a UK address you have 28 days to pay, I believe the fine then doubles if not paid within that period and after that it is a summons.

P Stoff:
Thank you. Is there similar for WTD do you know?

There are no fixed penalties for infringements of the working time regulations because no-one enforces it.

Here’s a link to the DVSA Enforcement Sanctions Policy which lists the potential fines for infringements (other than WTD) and was updated in April of this year (2019).

How long can vosa go back on your tacho for any imfrimgements if your stopped.
As one of our drivers last week drove for almost 11.hours. he was called In office signed a form.
His reason was he was 40.mims.from.the yard and did,nt really want a night out as he didn’t feel to good.
Just curious if he was stopped how far can vosa go back issue a fine.
And 2nd
Would he of been better off just ejecting his card and driving back?
Which one would be the best to do ?

edd1974:
As one of our drivers last week drove for almost 11.hours. he was called In office signed a form.
His reason was he was 40.mims.from.the yard and did,nt really want a night out as he didn’t feel to good.
And 2nd

1. The DVSA can issue a fixed penalty for infringements in the previous 28 days.

2. One of the most serious offence you can commit is deliberately driving without a card.
    Going over your driving time will get you a fixed penalty, withdrawing the card will get you tea and biscuits with the TC and potentially a court appearance.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

edd1974:
And 2nd

1. The DVSA can issue a fixed penalty for infringements in the previous 28 days.

2. One of the most serious offence you can commit is deliberately driving without a card.
    Going over your driving time will get you a fixed penalty, withdrawing the card will get you tea and biscuits with the TC and potentially a court appearance.

Sent from my mobile.

Didn’t our very own Dozy get done for exactly this not so long ago? Rather than simply chugging on and potentially getting a Fixed Penalty hit for exceeding his 9/10 hour drive or 13/15 hours “duty” he pulled his card and ended up with a court appearance, £700+ quid fine and also tea + biscuits with the TC…

Roymondo:

tachograph:
.2. One of the most serious offence you can commit is deliberately driving without a card.

Didn’t our very own Dozy get done for exactly this not so long ago? Rather than simply chugging on and potentially getting a Fixed Penalty hit for exceeding his 9/10 hour drive or 13/15 hours “duty” he pulled his card and ended up with a court appearance, £700+ quid fine and also tea + biscuits with the TC…

He certainly did and I don’t think he’ll do it again in a hurry.

Sent from my mobile.

Ouch.
Personally I hope the driver out our place gets stopped before 28 days are up. As serve him right.
But can’t see it.
But saying that it’s Xmas and probably having a crack down on drink drug driving

edd1974:
Ouch.
Personally I hope the driver out our place gets stopped before 28 days are up. As serve him right.
But can’t see it.
But saying that it’s Xmas and probably having a crack down on drink drug driving

Merry Christmas…

dave docwra:

edd1974:
Ouch.
But can’t see it.

Merry Christmas…

BAH HUMBUG