Head torch recommendation

Just got this recently:

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RTK16M7

Very bright, has a “floodlight” option which gives a wide diffused light and it’s also rechargeable via USB. It’s a little bulky compared to some but I’m quite impressed by it especially the USB charging option as I always have a USB lead in my bag for my phone but would often forget to get new batteries for my old headtorch.

Just to add…has a 3 year guarantee.

Conor:
Just got this recently:

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RTK16M7

Very bright, has a “floodlight” option which gives a wide diffused light and it’s also rechargeable via USB. It’s a little bulky compared to some but I’m quite impressed by it especially the USB charging option as I always have a USB lead in my bag for my phone but would often forget to get new batteries for my old headtorch.

‘LED Head Torch,OMERIL USB Rechargeable Headlamp with Super Bright 200 Lumens,5 Lighting Modes,White&Red Light,IPX5 Waterproof Headlight for Kids Adults,Running,Dog Walking,Cycling,Camping,Fishing

You bought the wrong one. It doesn’t say trucking anywhere. Bit like those exercise machines ‘lose weight, build muscle, cardio exercise, train yoga, flexibility, health, men women kids adults family home office outdoors cheap free delivery order 1 get 1 with 5% off’

Been looking for a new one, looks ok, just ordered it…Cheers.

Several years ago I tried but couldn’t get on with using a head torch as it kept slipping, where as I now use a Sofirn SP31 LED rechargeable torch I got on AliExpress for £16, which is very robust and don’t have to turn my head to point it where I wanna see when I’m doing my walk around
m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/sp31 … mainSearch

robroy:

£13.13 inc P+P on Ebay if not spending over £20 on Amazon.

ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Head-Tor … Sw~bldtipZ

not sure of brand etc of mine but I also bought one with different light modes and usb charging. Couldn’t be bothered with constantly buying batteries when I can just charge in the lorry. They’re great for your walkaround checks and loading/tipping in the dark as our lot need to get blocks, winch lead, and de-strap etc to offload

mrginge:

robroy:

£13.13 inc P+P on Ebay if not spending over £20 on Amazon.

ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Head-Tor … Sw~bldtipZ

I was offered a 7 day amazon prime trial for 99p. Gets me free next day delivery. Apparently its turning up tomorrow!

Forgot to mention, it comes with a 3 year guarantee for what its worth.

peirre:
Several years ago I tried but couldn’t get on with using a head torch as it kept slipping, where as I now use a Sofirn SP31 LED rechargeable torch I got on AliExpress for £16, which is very robust and don’t have to turn my head to point it where I wanna see when I’m doing my walk around
m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/sp31 … mainSearch

Surely you have to turn your head to see whatever it is you want to see anyway? :wink:

I’ve got one of these…

amazon.co.uk/Headlamp-Unise … 4666410878

Really good light, USB rechargeable…and it keeps your head warm!

Conor:
Forgot to mention, it comes with a 3 year guarantee for what its worth.

Next to naff all in reality, as after the first 30 days you’d be responsible for shipping costs to the US.

Amazon are normally pretty good about returns/exchanges of defective products though.

As it happens I had been thinking of buying a new one anyway as I’ve lost/mislaid the one I’ve been using for a few years, so this morning I took delivery of one of these Omeril devices. My initial impressions are quite good. Seems to be VERY bright and the switches don’t seem prone to accidental operation (lost count of the number of times my old one killed the (non-rechargeable) batteries by switching itself on in my bag!). While the unit is a tad bulky, it’s not as heavy as my old one and the ratchet-click angle adjustment on the headband has a nice positive action (again, unlike my old one - which would randomly droop down as I walked around the lorry).

I’m an Amazon Prime customer anyway, so got next-day delivery at no cost. All in all, seems a good little torch - cheers for the heads-up, Conor!

PS - One other good thing. It comes in a sturdy cardboard box which (a) is a lot more useful for storage than the usual blister packs and (b) is totally recyclable anyway.

Nice one Conor, just ordered, last one i had a was a bit useless and been thinking about an upgrade for a while.

Got two of these for £9 off Amazon. USB rechargeable and extremely bright.

Just can’t bring myself to wear a head torch as someone might see me wearing it :wink:

IMG_1008.JPG

maoster mate only wear them on the head in the bedroom when getting down and loving BUT be careful as I lost one once with the ex missus… :open_mouth: :wink:

I feel your pain brother ^^^^ tried it once but the heat from the bulb started a bush fire! :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
Got two of these for £9 off Amazon. USB rechargeable and extremely bright.

Just can’t bring myself to wear a head torch as someone might see me wearing it :wink:

Look similar to mine, if its got one of those large (18630 or summat?) rechargeable batteries inside, note sometime you’ll have to remove the battery to clean the contact points cos it will fail to charge up or might suddenly fail to work, and when you do in the end cap the contact spring if its the same as mine will be held in by a threaded washer, these can come undone even as you unscrew the base so the circuit is no longer complete, sometimes there are two indents in said washer obviously used to grip the thing in assembly with a special tool, a pointed pair of pliers or even a protractor could be used to retighten this up, but if it comes fully undone as it did on one of mine its hells own job getting the bloody thing back into place again due to the spring contact sitting up proud of that washer…so after all that waffle, make sure that bloody washer is done up tight Maoster :bulb:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In this day and age of health and safety surely a torch of some sort should be built in to the dashboard to use in the dark for daily check. It could be designed to sit in a charging point in the dashboard.

Odd days:
In this day and age of health and safety surely a torch of some sort should be built in to the dashboard to use in the dark for daily check. It could be designed to sit in a charging point in the dashboard.

BMW’s used to come with such a thing, small mobile phone size, kept under constant full charge in its own little ■■■■ in the glove box, wasn’t much of a torch having a standard bulb in those days, but better than nothing, maybe they still have them i don’t know.

When I got mine today through the post, I was well pleased with it…you should have seen my little face light up. :laughing: