PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Frankydobo:
Ray Smyth wrote; Hi Dean, Further to my earlier post regarding the Bass Brewery curtainside trailer with the narrow roofline. This picture is Robert Baillie depot at Wigan, where the paintwork was carried out on the converted trailers.
The bay on the right was fitted with a sealed wall inside, plus heating, lighting, and extractors.
The site, which is just 400 yards from M6, J25 is now home to Sainsbury`s and McDonalds.

Fergusons Transport from Blyth, Northumberland bought some of those ex Bass tautliners, they were excellent for the Paper Reel work and just about anything else, low height and the inclined sides meant you had a good view down either side of the trailer, well built too. Franky.

Thanks for your comments “Franky” . :wink:

Transporting paper reels back in 1967.

Click on pages twice.

bedford paper.PNG

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB”
Hi Dean ,some stunning pics here ,Glyn Morris was a haulier from either Gorsley or Lea nr Ross on wye ,no doubt our ROF will put me right
Hi MT ,yes WM Morgan had a few drivers based in Talgarth that also acted as change over for the Midlands
Thier was a driver i once knew in Hay ,he lived down past the Swan hotel and at the time was hauling scrap to BSC Motherwell and returning with steel from Gartcosh for Coated Metals Pontardulais ,very smart fleet especially the Atkis ,but those Transcons were very fast and did European work ,regards Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith. :wink: