what satnav

Best I have found is Mapfactor Navigator for the phone. It runs on OSM maps or one can buy TomTom maps for about £35-40. I have found no problems so far having driven around lovely places like Sheffield which have lots of bridges and road restrictions.

Co-Pilot (others like Aponia are expensive) and now I think have stopped the truck app.

Trouble is with phones they can crash… mine has a couple of times. But then Garmin and TomTom tend to give up after 3 yrs - screen goes blank and one can have it removed for £80-£100. I have another smartphone as a backup… Mapfactor don’t charge extra for the Truck maps on a backup device which is decent of them.

You can use a car satnav and then check the route in the Trucker’s atlas - entering waypoints for any restrictions. But the truckers atlas isn’t perfect - it didn’t list Queen’s Road, Skegness as a 7.5T… mapfcator was ok finding a route round.

With an artic a trucker’s satnav is a must I feel and so far Mapfactor has been fine. Last couple of months doing nights I have had a lot of roadworks to cope with and she has been great with alternative routes.