PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
M54 photos.

Balfour Beatty DAF.

Woodhaul Renault.

Cant make the name out on the Mercedes ■■?

Lauds Transport ERF. Dont think we have had one of these on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Another one i dont think we have had on before. W.J.Capper Mercedes ■■?

Anyone recognise the 142 ■■?

Shilton Mercedes.

S.Jones ERF.

Leyland Roadtrain. I assume its a unit stretched or Consructor ■■? Anyone know the haulier ?

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson bulker ■■

Hi Dean, I refer to the Bass Brewery trailer with the Mercedes in your post above. Around 1979 and 1980, The Wigan depot of
Robert Baillie had secured some work from Boalloy Ltd at Congleton in Cheshire. At that time, many hauliers and big fleet
companies were having 40ft flat trailers converted to curtainsided, and some gained a third axle to operate at 38 Tons G.V.W.
Once the conversion and bodywork was complete, the trailers were sent, without curtains, to Robert Baillie at Wigan for shot
blasting and painting. When Baillies were very busy, I was often asked to take a newly painted trailer to Boalloy, and head back
with the next converted one for painting. One day whilst at Boalloy, I saw a new curtainsided trailer that was narrower at the
roof level than at the deck level. One of the Boalloy staff told me that it was one of many new trailers for Bass Charrington,
and the narrowness at the top served two purposes, the double deck loads of palletised kegs were held by the curtain, and
that some places where many of their trailers were parked very close, side by side, meant that the top sides of the trailers
didn’t lean to one side and touch each other. Cheers, Ray.