PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

coomsey:
Thanks for your comments “windrush” . They never let you loose in that machine did they “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
As you can see in the photo Dean they wouldn’t even let me stand on it :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

windrush:
I seem to remember that years ago a lad who lived at Troway ran a White artic carting from RMC’s old tarmac plant at Wath on Dearne? When that plant closed he possibly ran from the one at Staveley, that has also long gone of course. :unamused:

Pete.

Thanks for your comment Pete. Not sure who sold the most between Mack and White but they were the 2 most popular American
trucks that were sold here. :wink:

Buzzer:
Dean you must have Brexit on the brain, think that Foden is ex ECC English China Clay not EEC :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers Buzzer

Thinking about it you may be right Buzzer ! :wink: They had a pit on the outskirts of Wareham back in the 70s and used to load
clay for ships at Poole docks in my grandads trucks as a kid. Pit is still going but i dont know if its still owned by China Clay.

jshepguis:
Dean still got to say thanks to you Paul and Mark for keeping us entertained with this cracking thread. Couple of things 2nd photo from the White Commander photo,s is actually a Mack.
Would also think the F86 is an ex Ferrymasters. The Scania is Groupvale transport from Middlesborough IIRC they came about after Les Harrimans stopped trading or became the new name for them.

:laughing: :laughing: Thanks for your comments ,especially the “Mack” :wink:

EDTRUCK:

DEANB:
Anyone driven a White Road Commander 2 ? What were there good points and what were there bad points ■■

I apologise Dean but the second pic is aMack - I owned her for about 18 months - she was one of my first trucks

Well no feedback about the White “EDTRUCK” so what was the Mack like ■■ Any pics of it ? :smiley: :wink:

phop:
Goodman croggan were a hardware supplier based on Alma Street Smethwick don’t know if they’re still trading

Thanks for the info “phop” :wink:

Carryfast:

DEANB:
Bedford looks more like a support vehicle than a fire engine ■■

Hose layer/salvage tender :wink:

:wink:

tribsa:
Hi All
The TK is a HCB Angus Totton Hants built emergency tender I think this one was stationed at Canterbury
HCB originally stood for Hampsire Car Bodies

A mind of useless information

Cheers Rich

Thanks for the info Rich. :wink:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, i would think the yellow F86 was ex Ferrymaster looking at the color scheme. :sunglasses:

Mark R:
You asked who operated this Scania transporter…it was one of Sheertruck’s from Sheerness Kent. When i left school i worked for the firm who did their maintenance and repairs. They weren’t a big firm so it’s nice to see a photo of one of their trucks.

Thanks for the name Mark. :smiley:

coomsey:
33 11 85t not a bad drive, this one mine, fully automatic, the other 4were semi auto. Bit noisy courtesy of Detroit

youtu.be/3h8KvCKpqUY
Worth a listen! Not all day long for years on end mind :smiley:

Good watch “coomsey” thanks for the link. :wink:

Lawrence Dunbar:
An old friend of mine worked for Blue Dart, Chris Compson, He left them and worked for a few local firms in the the North East on tipper work for Geo Blackett, He Then went to work for Fergusons of Blyth shunting trailers at Blyth Harbour loading Reels of Paper Imported from abroad, For delivery all over the British Isles, He was was a good lad was Chris, Regards Larry.

Thanks for your comment Lawrence. :wink:

Heres a Geo Blackett and Ferguson motor.

A02200.JPG

DCP_0868p.JPG

MANTRONIC:
Heres another one of Kelvedon’s Crusader’s. Hey Dean ,thanx youre a star ! MT

marktaff:

moomooland:

marktaff:
Hi Paul “moomooland”.
Just looking through some older post’s today on Deans page and came across this post of Blue Dart posted by yourself…The AEC box luton here was part of the Hughes Haulage fleet from Llanelli South Wales…my neighbour drove this vehicle for a couple of years it was a fixture in our street most weekends back in the 1970s…he went on to drive the artics for Hughes and then on to the Blue Dart artics when they took Hughes over…i remember the last tractor unit he had with Blue Dart was a Crusader. Regards Mark

Hi Mark, Thanks for the info.

Regarding the Scammell Crusaders these two former Hughes motors had been shipped up from Llanelli to Middleton more than likely to get overhauled and repainted in Blue Dart livery.

Another ex Hughes Scammell Crusader Reg No KWN 234L.

As regards your neighbour’s 1970 registered AEC luton it is pictured here in the depot at Middleton towards the end of it’s days in 1978.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply…yes i also remember these two Crusader tractor units you have posted here…KWN was Swansea registered and UBX was West Wales registered…back in the Seventies Llanelli came under the West Wales registered BX…but all the Leyland AEC and Scammels trucks were all from Fletchers of Swansea.
My neighbour MAC drove this one here…but this one also turned up in Blue Dart colours to in the end.

Regards Mark

Thanks for all the info,pics about Blue Dart and Hughes Paul and Marktaff,good stuff chaps. :smiley: :wink:

Heres a few of Blue Dart’s.

A01598.JPG

A02320.JPG

AEC

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Goodman and Groggon manufactured or distributed farm fencing, they previously ran Bedford TL’s, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete ! :smiley: