Buses, coaches, & lorries

Ray Smyth:
Hello Dennis Javelin, Welcome to TrucknetUK and the " Old Time Lorries " section.
With you being from Glasgow, I think you may be interested in the Connals of Maryhill thread that I started a short while ago
I started this " Buses "thread last year. For a short time in 1973, I drove for Connals of Maryhill, Glasgow, as part of their Wigan operation.
Three of their Maryhill drivers would drive down to Wigan overnight, and we at Wigan would deliver their full loads to Corn Products in
Manchester. Usually, the return loads for Scotland would be “Double Deck” loads of bottles from Rockware Glass at Doncaster, Garston,
or St Helens. The southbound loads would be bottles of Mazola cooking oil from Brown & Polson at Paisley, and the return bottle loads
went to Brown & Polson. Have a look at the Connals thread that I started on this section. Click on pictures for full images.
Pictures courtesy of Eddie Heaton.

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the welcome. Although my main transport interest is buses I spent a large part of my working life in transport within the NFC so I did have a great deal of experience of “buses without passengers”. I remember Connal’s well and look forward to reading the thread.

Tommy