PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Nicolas Packaging are from Kingswinford, Staff’s, they manufacture packaging trays for mushrooms mainly as well as other produce. I think this was the only Topliner they owned, driver was Keith, can’t for the life of me remember his surname! Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete on the Scania. :wink:

coomsey:
“DEANB”
Terex R45 Dean. Bullet proof,we had 10ish on site about 20yr old doing 16hr shifts ,very rare they broke down.
Cheers Coomsey

“coomsey” you seemed to have driven a few dumpers etc seem to remember you drove a scraper as well.

Probably have some more stuff on those but not scanned chap so heres a bit about the Terex 33-07.

33 11 85t not a bad drive, this one mine, fully automatic, the other 4were semi auto. Bit noisy courtesy of Detroit

:smiley: :wink:

coomsey:
For sure Pete about 5yrs until Dyggor Gaylord took the site over

There’s quite a few long time Shand men on here Pete. I’m the good looking one on the bottom row with the black t shirt. Cheers Coomsey

Thanks for your comments “windrush” . They never let you loose in that machine did they “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

HRS:
Thornycroft’s “Mighty Antar” which was first shown at the Earls Court Show in 1950. At its release it was Britain’s most powerful
vehicle with a 250 bhp Meteorite engine. Anyone drive one ■■

Morning Dean, yes, many years ago on an assesment, 1963, all I remember was the room in the cab and the 2 stick box, then the more managable Militant, AEC. still 2 sticks though.

Harvey ,your back ! :smiley: Glad someone drove the Antar,will do a bit on them soon. :wink:

MANTRONIC:
“robthedog”

Question for you Welsh boys are Smarts still operating haven’t seen any of theres for a long time I remember Gareth Smart had a very smart Red FH ]

Hey Dean ,yes Smarts still operating from Talachddu nr Brecon that pic of the FH was when they were doing containers out of Southampton,gave that up years ago with several motors based down their .
The red FH i think was driven by the bosses wife Anita with the wording on cab door -Never under estimate the strength of a woman - I last saw her on timber work
Thanx for those Kelvedon pics Dean this thread just goes like lightning ! The S W Roberts Volvo tanker is from Whitland see them most days on the Brecon bypass
And that Seddon of Pritchards another South Wales gem ! thanx again Dean ,MT

Good stuff “MT”. That explains why i used to see Smarts regularly then if they had some motors running out of Southampton. :smiley: :wink:

Heres another one of Smarts.

Heres another one of Kelvedon’s Crusader’s. Hey Dean ,thanx youre a star ! MT