MAN lion 500 edition

Big Truck:
Had a demo LionX 500 for 3weeks in Oct.
500 engine pulled VERY well and had good fuel returns.
Liked the new Traxon gearbox and engine brake was better too.
Slight changes in cab with gear selector moved up onto dash but WHY leave park brake on floor■■?-!!!
Fridge is excellent size, locks out when opened and slides completely under bunk now.

No doubt though that a complete TGX revamp is loooooooooong overdue!!! :neutral_face:

Moving the park brake would probably mean a full type approval examination and any testing it requires.

Hope they don’t decide to fit electric parking brake on the next one, the thing i like about MAN’s is they are just enough old school in that they still offer the option of the driver being in charge of the vehicle not the 'puter, ie being able to override that annoying eco cruise/eco roll which you can’t do on some other makes, and no annoying engine idle shutdown either.

Note you can’t turn off AEBS on the current model though, which you can do on other makes, wouldn’t bother me because i wouldn’t turn it off anyway as in the event of there being an accident switching of AEBS will merit the driver to blame even if he’s innocent.