Bottle Jacks

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone could help me, I’m after a couple of bottle jacks. I’m not really bothered about the cheap Sealey ones, would prefer to pay a bit more for a long lasting premium quality.

Sorry if this isn’t in the correct place, I searched around and this felt most relevant and also quite a newbie here.

Thanks in advance.

search ebay and gumtree for used ones and all will be revealed

Not sure who if anyone makes “proper” ones anymore.
You could probably find some “Lake and Elliot” jacks on eBay or some such place. They will have beèn made in the 50s or 60s, or before, in Braintree, Essex, but they last forever.
Proper job.

Old John:
Not sure who if anyone makes “proper” ones anymore.
You could probably find some “Lake and Elliot” jacks on eBay or some such place. They will have beèn made in the 50s or 60s, or before, in Braintree, Essex, but they last forever.
Proper job.

Yes I’ve got a 40 t lake & Elliot it was my Grandads going back to after the war ,quite what he was lifting I don’t know he never had owt bigger than a 4 wheeler :smiley: ,a Sealey 20 t is ample for me in the lorry should I need to put the spare on .

I’ve used Nike hydraulic jacks for years. I also have an omega air over hydraulic which seems pretty good.

tyre-equipment.co.uk/worksh … jacks.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any farm sale or hauliers retirement, you only need to pay scrap value but they are dirt cheap to reseal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response everyone!

most commercial breakers will have them in stock, new and unused with the handles that fit, lots of drivers don’t know where they are on the motor let alone what there for, (there are other types of drivers available), and no I do not know everything my wife told me so.