PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB”

Hypnos Scania.

Wincanton DAF.

Taylor Barnard Scania.

White Arrow Express Iveco.

Hi Dean, Some of the pictures on this post caught my eye in particular. Around the time of 2008, we did a weekly run to Hypnos
in Princes Risborough in Buckinghamshire, carrying a full load of Mattresses made by Remploy Textiles at West Float, Birkenhead.
Hypnos produced beds and mattresses, and were by Royal Appointment to Her Majesty The Queen. :exclamation: :exclamation:

Wincanton lorries are a regular sight around here, carrying food products from H.J.Heinz at Kitt Green, about 1 mile from where I live.
White Arrow lorries were seen very often, they operated from a huge Mail Order building, not far from Heinz.
I remember Taylor Barnard had a depot quite close to junction 25 M6. I have put a reply regarding “Empire Cedric” on the Removals thread.

Regards, Ray

Thanks for your comments Ray about the various companies. Sent you a PM re ferries. :smiley: :wink:

pv83:
“DEANB”]If anyone is intrested this lovely Leyland Martian is ending on ebay today. It was built in 1962 and has only done 875 miles from new !!! :smiley:

Cheers Dean, if only my shed was big enough… not to mention my bank account…

:laughing: :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB”

Powell Volvo. Not had one of these on from memory.

Hi Dean ,the Powell FH16 was from Chepstow ,they hauled out of the former Fairfield Mabey construction works on the banks of the river Wye . In thier day they produced beams structures for bridges as seen in Pauls excellent shot .
Dean ,thank you also for the additional Pritchards pics the Seddon pantechnicon was used amongst other things for hauling cycles from a factory in Pontypool which i believe has closed down now ,regards Keith.

Thanks for the info about the Powell Volvo Keith,good suff chap ! :smiley: :wink:

robthedog:
Anyone recognise the mighty Scania 141 ■■?

Hampshire registered

Thought someone may have recognised that one Rob. Had a distinctive paint job,possibly an owner driver ? :unamused:

smallcoal:
“robthedog”

Smarts Volvo.

Question for you Welsh boys are Smarts still operating haven’t seen any of theres for a long time I remember Gareth Smart had a very smart Red FH ]

Smarts are still around they on container and log work but you don’t see them often

A year or two ago used to see them fairly often around Poole. :wink: