Mercedes ACTROS Shock! much improved

simcor:

carryfast-yeti:
well i hope they are much improved! after being told we were getting a fleet of brand new Volvo’s (DHL have ordered hundred’s of them),we are instead getting a fleet of 36 Merc’s :cry: to replace our Daf’s. don’t know what spec,but poverty i’d imagine.they arrive next month :frowning:

You must be about the only depot not getting Volvo’s then. 1000 new Volvo’s with a lot of them now been completed. The only places I have heard thst are not getting them is places that require fewer than 5 new vehicles. I’d bet a pound to a dollar they will turn out to be new Volvo’s myself. Fleet standardisation and all that gubbins. (mind we have kept the 2 X 68 plate MAN’S probably down to using a container as the Volvo’s are far too close coupled and no sliding 5th wheel). Just the rest of the crap to dehire after Xmas. Then the new rigids around may which will most likely be Daf’s again.

our customer,who pays our wages,has vetoed Volvo’s,and bought 36 Actros’ themselves for us,despite our chief’s insisting Volvo’s are more reliable,better on fuel etc etc.
probably been parked up in a field somewhere for a couple of years,so going cheap :open_mouth: